Crafting is one of the best ways to develop your child’s fine motor skills while helping them engage in sensory-rich activities.
If you’re looking for a simple but exciting crafting for your little one, try this Rainy Day Umbrella.
Watching as their colorful creation turns into a beautiful blend of colors under a mist of rain makes this an exciting project for a rainy day.
Things to prepare:
- Muffin paper
- Color Markers
- Spray bottle
How to create raindrop color smudge umbrella
- Color the muffin paper with various colors.
- Fold in a section of the muffin paper and glue or tape it from the inside to create a shallow cone. Now the muffin paper has a three-dimensional umbrella shape
- Cut a straw to the proper length and make a nick at the end to spread it so you can flatten the straw tip against the inside of the muffin paper.
- Tape the spread-out straw tip to the inside center of the muffin paper.
- Now your child can hold the umbrella while you mist it with the spray bottle to give it a “rain shower”, or let them try the spray bottle.
- The mist will turn the colors into interesting smudges to create beautiful rainy-day umbrellas!
You might also like to try the fun activity below: