How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day with your kids?
Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to talk to your children about the importance of love and kindness to others, while teaching them how to show appreciation for the people they care about and to express their feelings through cards, gifts, and kind gestures.
Valentine’s Day is also a great day for families to spend time together. Why not set a tradition for this special day to have fun with your family? By creating special traditions and bonding together, your family can strengthen your relationships and build memories that will last a lifetime.
One way your family can spend time together on Valentine’s Day is by doing a fun activity together. For example, families can make homemade cards or bake together, have a special family dinner, or play Valentine’s Day-themed games. Another way to spend time together is by going out on a special family outing, such as a trip to the park or a movie night.
What about sharing your family’s love with others by collecting items from your home that you could donate with your kids, or volunteering at a local hospital or nursing home to spread the love?
Here are a few ideas for Valentine’s Day activities that kids will love.
Valentine’s day activities for kids
- Card Crafting: Have your kids create handmade cards for their loved ones. They can use construction paper, markers, glitter, and other craft supplies to decorate their cards.
- Heart Crafts: Cut out heart-shaped templates and have your kids decorate them with paint, sequins, or other materials. They can use these hearts to make garlands, mobiles, or even a heart-shaped wreath for their bedroom door.
- Baking Sweets: Bake some delicious Valentine’s Day treats with your kids. They can help mix ingredients, roll the dough, and decorate cookies or cupcakes with frosting and sprinkles.
- Family Movie Night: Have a Valentine’s Day game night with your kids.
- Scavenger Hunt: Create a fun scavenger hunt for your kids. Hide sweets and love messages around the house, and give them clues to help find them.
Valentine’s Day is not the only time we can show love and appreciation to the people we care about. But by celebrating one fun day with a unique family tradition, Valentine’s Day can be a good time to remember your family’s love for one another and strengthen your bonds.
Free PDF Printables of Valentine’s Day activities for kids
Here are some free PDF printables of Valentine’s Day activities for kids. I hope these activities help your kids have fun and show off their creativity while learning how to express their love, along with some of the activities mentioned above. Have a great Valentine’s Day with your kids!
Subscribe to the balanceinwonderland.com community newsletter for free access to our constantly updated library of printables.
You might also be interested in activities for children like the ones below:
- Colorful umbrella crafting for rainy-day play
- Touch-and-Feel Textured Penguin Crafting for Kids
- Kids’ Crown Activity – Free Printable